Turbocharger Working environment.
turbocharger is an advanced mechanical device, which uses the exhaust gas of engine driven turbine. Because its working environment is often high-speed and high-temperature, the temperature of the exhaust turbine side of the turbocharger is more than 600 degrees, and the speed of the turbocharger is also very high. Therefore, in order to ensure the normal operation of turbocharger, correct use and maintenance are very important. The following methods shall be followed:
especially in winter, after the engine is started, it is best to idle it for a period of time and let the lubricating oil fully lubricate the bearing before the turbocharger rotor runs at high speed. When starting to use, please be careful not to step on the accelerator, so as not to damage the oil seal of the supercharger. It is conceivable that the process is a lubricant.
Do not shut down the engine immediately.
after starting high-speed operation for a long time (such as running out of high-speed), enter the server to rest, and do not shut down immediately. The reason is that when the engine is working, part of the oil is supplied to the turbocharger rotor bearing for lubrication and cooling. After the engine suddenly stops running, the oil pressure quickly drops to zero, the turbocharger turbine diffuses to the middle of the high temperature, the heat of the bearing bush cannot be taken away quickly, and the turbocharger rotor is still under the action of high-speed inertia. Therefore, if the engine stops suddenly, the hot engine state of the engine will cause the turbocharger to stay in the oil and overheat, and damage the bearings and shafts. It is best to idle for 3-5 minutes before shutdown.
therefore, it can be seen that after high-speed operation and idling for 3-5 minutes, the temperature of the turbocharger will decrease.
during daily inspection, special attention shall be paid to cleaning (cleaning during disassembly), lubrication, inspection of various pipe connections, etc. These things may be a little complicated for ordinary drivers, but they must be seen by the host during maintenance.
Carefully select the oil.
the turbocharger greatly improves the air quality and volume entering the combustion chamber, the engine structure is more compact and reasonable, and the compression ratio is higher, so as to make the engine work harder. The machining accuracy is also higher and the assembly process is more strict. All these determine the high temperature, high speed, high power, high torque and low emission characteristics of turbocharged engine. At the same time, it also determines the working conditions under which the internal parts of the engine bear higher temperature and greater impact, compression and shear force. Therefore, when selecting turbocharged vehicle oil, it is necessary to consider its particularity. The oil used must have good wear resistance, high temperature resistance, rapid formation of lubricating oil film, high oil film strength and good stability. Synthetic oil or semi synthetic oil can only meet this requirement. Therefore, in addition to the engine oil specified by the original factory, synthetic oil, semi synthetic oil and other high-quality lubricants can also be selected.
Keep the oil clean.
turbocharged engines also need a lot of oil and must be kept clean. In addition, if the engine oil deteriorates, please replace it in time. Otherwise, the lubricating capacity of engine oil will be reduced, resulting in insufficient lubrication and damage of turbocharger bearings, increasing maintenance costs, and even premature elimination of turbocharger.
Maintenance of turbocharger rotor
1. The engine must be kept at idle speed before the engine lubricating oil pressure is established. When the engine accelerates immediately after starting, the turbocharger works at the maximum speed before its bearings are fully lubricated. The turbocharger will damage its bearings if it works with insufficient lubrication. Doing this repeatedly will cause premature damage to the turbocharger.
2. Before the engine stops, if its temperature and speed gradually decrease from the maximum value. The operating speed and continuous operating temperature of the turbocharger are higher than those of other machines. When the engine works at the maximum output power or maximum torque, the speed and temperature of the turbocharger also reach the maximum value. When the engine stops suddenly at this working point, the engine, especially the turbocharger, will have problems. At this time, the engine needs to idle at medium speed or work under light load for a period of time, while still maintaining the lubricating oil pressure of the engine and the amount of air flowing through the cooling system. Following these guidelines can prevent the turbocharger from operating without lubricating oil for a long time and prevent the formation of carbon deposition, which is formed by carbonizing the residual lubricating oil in the bearing or intermediate housing under the action of thermal desorption.
3. Pre lubricate the turbocharger. The turbocharger needs to be prelubricated after changing the oil or performing any maintenance (including draining the oil). Crank the crankshaft several times before starting the engine. After starting the engine, let it idle for a period of time before entering high-speed operation, so as to establish the whole lubricating oil circulation and pressure.
4. Be careful when starting the engine due to low temperature.
when the ambient temperature is too low or the vehicle is not used for a long time, it will affect the engine to establish normal lubricating oil pressure and flow. In this case, the engine must idle for several minutes after starting to enter the high-speed working state.
5. Avoid engine idling for a long time.
when the gas pressure in the turbine and compressor is too low and the speed of the turbocharger shaft is too low, the lubricating oil will leak to the turbine and compressor through the sealing key. Generally, this will not cause mechanical damage, but will dirty the impeller and cause users to complain.
Turbocharger fault Exclusion steps
1. Check whether the external parts of supercharger are damaged. If damaged, replace the supercharger.
2. Check whether the turbocharger impeller is damaged by foreign matters. If damaged, replace the turbocharger and check whether there are impurities in the intake system.
3. Check whether the supercharger is scratched and whether the supercharger clearance is qualified. Otherwise, replace the supercharger.
4. Check whether the rotating impeller has obvious adhesion. If it is obviously stuck, replace the supercharger.
5. Check whether the supercharger regulator is damaged, deformed or artificially modified. If so, replace the supercharger.